Monday, April 9, 2012

no more school. kind of.

how was your easter?!?
i hope you ate lots of food and fellowshiped with loved ones
and celebrated Christ raising from the dead
and took a nap.
i did.

today is day 1 of my post student teaching phase of this journey to my own classroom. 
which means it's the first day in a long time that i could sleep in.
so obviously my body woke me up at 6:40.
thanks for that.

now i can't exactly slack off quite yet.
i have piles of schoolwork that need to be finished in the next two weeks.
and a big test to take.
then i can slack off.

which leads me to my list of rules so i don't slack off all summer:

 1. i am only allowed to wear my pajamas all day on the weekends.
this is unfortunately, a necessary rule.
i love my pajamas. too much.
example, here i am reading to my nephews in my pajamas
it's about 2 o'clock.
just kidding it's nighttime.
but i do have a pajama problem.

2. i will work out at least 5 days a week.
also unfortunately necessary if i want to show off 'my goods' in a bathing suit this summer.

3. i will eat healthy.
i may be dreaming a little here 
but every great accomplishment begins with a dream.
right?

4. i will go outside every day.
sometimes i have hermit tendencies.
and we all need a little fresh air.
i should use my hammock more.
(i swear i'm not that sickly yellow in real life. i'm just very white.)
sigh.

5. i will 'get a life'.
this should really be top priority.
i have been so busy with school and teaching this year i've not exactly made my social life a priority.
it's time.
my behavior is representing an old person a little too much.

so here goes nothing!
happy monday.

No comments: