Wednesday, May 23, 2012

employment and the country.

okay, 
so i've been gone from the blogging world for way too long.
my apologies.

it's been a pretty crazy emotional couple weeks.
many tears were cried.

but,
i survived.
 and not only did i survive

i got a job!!!

i am officially a kindergarten teacher
and will have my very own classroom of little ones in the fall!

this is a HUGE answer to prayer for me
and i am so so so thankful to have employment in a job market that is not very teacher friendly right now. 
not to mention the school i'll be at is pretty wonderful.

however, the job is in merced.
you've probably never heard of it,
that would make sense.
it's a smallish town in the central valley of california, 
farm country.
it's not exactly a town people are dying to live in.
myself included.

but merced does have a few things going for it...

my sweet fellow animal fry loving nephew camden. he just turned 4.

my adorable cuddlebug nephew andersen. he's 2.

and my little angel of a niece kayley. she's 2 months old.

plus their parents, 
my brother and sister-in-law,
who are two of my favorite people.
without these people i'm pretty sure this wouldn't be happening.

but it is happening.
i'm moving to a completely new town.
a small town.
i've never lived in a small town.

i guess i won't be a country girl living in the city anymore.
i'll be a city girl living in the country.
funny how life works sometimes!

 Katie Virginia

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh wow!
Congrats on your new job - that is awesome and such a great answer to prayer!

Excited for you, girl!
xo

Aspiring Kennedy said...

Congratulations! Life does have a funny way about making complete 180s every now and then. I hope you can eaisly adjust back to life in the country again.

Sara said...

Such sweet pictures, Katie! And congrats on the job! How exciting! xo

Dawn said...

Congratulations on finding a job! I'm looking for one myself. :) And there is no need to apologize for being absent from the blogging world; the real world should keep us busy. We can always turn to this reality when we have a few minutes to spare, a few minutes to update and check in. I hope that you are enjoying your summer and are readying yourself for you new kindergarten classroom! How exciting! I used to teach VBS, and I always signed up for the kindergarteners every year. :)