Wednesday, March 25, 2009

waking up in vegas

well here i am.



so far it's been good. i've met a lot of interesting people who are really different than anyone i have ever spent time with before. so that's been a lot of fun for me. i love new people! and everyone is really nice.

i'm definitely one of if not the youngest girls here. and between all the older women and the gay men i have in the last 12 hours been called almost every pet name you can think of. i'm not kidding. pumpkin. sweetie. honey. baby. doll face. love. sweetheart. it's really weird actually. it became a sort of running joke in my head all day as i kept track. at first it was kind of endearing, but as the day wore on i began to wonder if everyone simply couldn't be bothered to remember my name.

classes don't really start in full till next week so i have some extra time to study and such the next few days, which i'm extremely grateful for. we also drew seniority today and i did NOT get a good number. so it looks like reserve is in the future for me.... at first i was pretty disappointed/upset. but God is in control, so i'm just gonna trust Him that everything will work out how it is supposed to, and just roll with it.

this month is definitely going to be an experience, and i don't think i can handle more than 1 day at a time. so that's what i'm gonna do.

well, this day was a veryyy long one that started very early after i got about 4.5 hours of sleep last night, so i'm exhausted. were it not for LOST i would already be asleep.

goodnight moon.

2 comments:

Bernice Gudgel said...

One day at a time is a great way to do it. Love you pumpkin! heehee

lisa page said...

Kate I love you and I was so surprised to see your posts when I wandered onto your blog. Wow-wee! I love that you are so excited with what you are doing. It's contagious and makes me excited for the next adventure in life! :) I'm in Arizona again and I'm sad that you aren't, but oh well. much love!
lisa.